Mailbox International Terms and Conditions
I. TERMS OF SERVICE.
The following are the terms of service provided Mailbox International:
- Mailbox International will provide its client with a U.S. street address for his/her use in the U.S.A.
- Our services consist of receiving the Member's merchandise, sorting it, packing it, transporting it to the Member's country and delivering it to the Member's specified local address during regular business hours. Any charges generated directly from this, such as taxes, customs duties and service fees presently in effect or established in the future, will be the responsibility of the Mailbox International client
- The Mailbox International client authorizes Mailbox International to charge their Pay Pal account for Membership Dues, Shipping and Handling Charges, and charges for any additional / optional services selected by the Member. If Mailbox -iT International receives a chargeback for any previous valid charges, the client’s account may be immediately terminated and all packages will be returned to sender or properly discarded.
- Shipping charges are based on weight and are calculated in increments of 100 grams. Dimensional weight may apply on bulky, lightweight packages. Dimensional weight is used when the result of multiplying the measurement in inches of height x width x length divided by 166 is more than the actual weight in pounds.
- Mailbox International will allow its active customers to store their merchandise for up to 45 days at no charge. After 45 days, the customer agrees to pay storage fees of $5 per box per month.
- Insurance costs for merchandise shipments are based on the Insured Value. Each $100.00 of insured value costs $2.00. Mailbox International Members will receive $100.00 of insurance included on all merchandise shipped Express. In the event of a claim, the payment will be based on the amount or the percentage of the value that you have declared.
- This agreement may be cancelled by either party with written notice (email, fax or letter). Your Mailbox International membership will be cancelled the following month the canceling request was received. No unused portions will be refunded.
- Mailbox International will have the option to return all packages/mail to the senders and/or discard the items for cancelled accounts. Shipping charges for non-members or cancelled customers are double the amount of regular shipping charges. If a Member does not pay for services rendered for a period over 30 days, his/her membership may be cancelled by Mailbox International. All packages and mail may be returned to the sender or discarded at the sole discretion of Mailbox International. The member forfeits all claims to items once his membership is cancelled.
- Membership will be renewed automatically unless the Member informs Mailbox International in writing not to renew their Membership.
- Late Fees and invoices past due over thirty (30) days will be assessed $10 plus 5% per month late fee. This fee will apply for each month an order is past due.
- Activation of your U.S. address with suite number and/or its use after the effective date hereof will represent your acceptance of this agreement and the authorization to charge your Pay Pal account for all your future charges.
- Mailbox International reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, or otherwise alter these terms and condition anytime. Please review the terms and conditions from time to time. Your continued use of site following the postings of changes and/or modifications will constitute your acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Mailbox International does not permit illegal activity. Any legal fees incurred by Mailbox International enforcing the laws of the U.S. against a customer or potential customer will be the financial responsibility of the customer. Please see below regarding Compliance and Indemnification.
- Membership starts the day we receive your application. Mailbox International cannot send your first shipment until 2 forms of picture ID have been received by us, either by fax, e-mail or regular mail.
- The Mailbox International member is responsible for and warrants its compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including, but not limited to, the export laws and government regulations of any country to, from, through or over which the Mailbox International Member shipment may be carried. This responsibility includes, without limitation, determining any and all applicable license requirements, including without limitation US Department of Commerce export licenses, US Department of State export licenses and any and all import license requirements of the destination country, and obtaining same. The Mailbox International Member agrees and acknowledges that the Member shall purchase any and all merchandise from United States sellers under an ex works agreement and that the Mailbox International Member agrees to furnish such information and complete and attach such documents as necessary to comply with any applicable laws, rules and/or regulations, including notifying the United States Principal Party In Interest, as defined by the United States Foreign Trade Statistics Regulations, in every transaction generated by Member of the ultimate destination of any items ordered by Member and gathering and providing to Mailbox International all required information for export purposes from the United States Principal Party in Interest including without limitation the Export Control Classification Number and, if a Shipper's Export Declaration (S.E.D.) is required, the USPPI's tax identification number.
- Member represents and warrants that the Member is the end user of any and all merchandise that the Member requests shipped to Member's address and that any and all merchandise Member requests shipments will be used in the country that the Member requests shipment to and that Member will not re-export to a different destination.
II. POWER OF ATTORNEY AND APPOINTMENT OF MAILBOX INTERNATIONAL AS MEMBER'S AGENT
Mailbox International Members must appoint as the Mailbox International agent for the Mailbox International Member for the performance of customs clearance, preparation of shipping documents, with full power of attorney to act as such an agent of the Mailbox International Customer to the extent allowed by law for the specific purposes enumerated in this Section, including without limitation preparation of a certificate of origin, an SED, airway bill or any other document required to ship merchandise to Member. If a Shipper's Export Declaration (S.E.D.) is required, or preparation of a Certificate of Origin for goods manufactured and originating within the United States on behalf of the Mailbox International Member when one is required, Mailbox International will file the required export information on behalf of the Mailbox International Member as its agent pursuant to this section. The Mailbox International Member must acknowledge that it has a duty to and is solely liable for providing all information required by United States' laws and regulations, including without limitation, information required by 15 CFR sec. 30 and maintaining all records as required under the customs or other government agency laws; Mailbox International assumes no responsibility to act as a record-keeper or record-keeping agent for the either the Member or the USPPI. The Member is responsible to supply to Mailbox International all information regarding the USPPI, including its name and employer identification number (EIN), and the ECCN, Schedule B classification and all other information required under a routed export transaction as described in Title 15, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30, the Foreign Trade Statistics Regulations (FTSR).
The following is the indemnification required by Mailbox International from its members:
- The Mailbox International Member agrees that it will remain liable for and indemnify, defend and hold harmless Mailbox International and its shareholders, officers, directors, agents, partners, employees and independent contractors, at all times from the date hereof forward, from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, awards, liabilities, losses (including consequential losses), judgments, penalties, interest, fines, expenses, and/or other costs (including attorneys' fees and court costs) arising by reason of the execution hereof or the consummation of the transactions contemplated hereby, including without limitation those arising from or relating to:
- Any negligent action or omission of Member or any of the Member's employees, contractors, agents or any other person acting under Member's supervision or control prior to, as of, or following the date hereof;
- Any inaccuracy or breach of any representation or warranty made by Member in this Agreement or any other document or instrument executed or delivered by Member in connection with this Agreement or any breach or non-performance of any covenant or agreement made by Company in this Agreement or any other document or instrument made by Member in connection with this Agreement;
- Mailbox International 's preparation, determination or execution of the documents (including international air waybills) or any other document necessary for transportation, including, but not limited to shipment addressing, routing, classification, licensing requirements, and value of goods/documents and value for carriage, except for claims arising solely from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Mailbox International;
- Mailbox International Member providing to Mailbox International any information or documents, including without limitation any inaccurate or false information or documents;
- Mailbox International Member's failure to comply with the terms hereof or any U.S. or other jurisdiction's law applicable to the exportation or importation (into the destination country) of such shipments.
- The Member acknowledges that the foregoing provisions are a material inducement to Mailbox International to and enter into this Agreement and the transactions contemplated hereby, and shall survive termination of this Agreement.